Did you know roughly 33% of engagements happen between Thanksgiving and the New Year? Promptly followed by a flood of searching the internet for all things wedding. Wedding planning, wedding flowers, wedding dresses and the list goes on and on.
Weddings are a big deal. And whether your wedding is intimate or huge, planning a wedding can knock the wind out of even the most savvy user of Pinterest and Instagram, and the bride who has dreamt about their big day since childhood.
So enters your wedding planner, your superhero. The person who will guide you through the whole process, and will give you all of the visionary credit! That’s right, your wedding planner does what you want, and takes the stress of doing the work off of you! Why you ask would they do that? Because they love all things wedding…WE….Occasions By M&K, want you to be a guest at your event.
In our office, one of the most used phrases from our brides has to be, “Oh, I didn’t even think about that!” and that is exactly why hiring a wedding planner is a good idea.
Your wedding planner should execute on your vision, while handling all of the big and small details. Here are just a few of the things we like to cover with our brides:
- Recommendations of service providers based on your budget and vision. If there is no connection with initial recommended providers, additional resources are provided until you find the best match
- Coordinate and attend all vendor meetings. From initial interview, contract and pricing negotiation, we are with you every step of the way
- Provide guidance and assistance with the selection of “Save The Date” announcement, rehearsal dinner and wedding invitations
- Visit all event venues being considered. Once a venue is selected, conduct a walk thru consultation with venue personnel for floor plan set up options
- Schedule / Coordinate all vendor meetings during the process including:
- Caterers and tastings, cake tastings, flower selections, band or DJ, Photographers, etc.
- Manage Guest List Database mailings and RSVP’s for Save the Date, Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding and Reception.
- Communication. Communication is key. From updates on your RSVP’s, specials being offered on invitations, details on your wedding dress, your grooms tux, whatever we know you will know.
As wedding planners, we love staying on top of today’s trends. We enjoy showing how to incorporate new trends into decor, invitations, bridesmaids dresses or centerpieces. A few of our favorites so far for 2018 include:
A moss and floral backdrop. Use this for your photobooth or as your sweetheart table background.
This moss and ivy board was created as the focal point for our brides seating chart.
And of course incorporating the 2018 color of the year into the decor.
We highly recommend contacting a few wedding planners early in your planning process. Ask about a consultation and share everything you think you want your wedding day to be….but be open to suggestions and options. Save the stress for something else, and really enjoy your big day!
This is just the start! Find out more about what we can help with, click Here.