Hashtags are a great way to interact with wedding guests and view all photos taken on your special day. Here are some tips and tricks to make the most of hashtags:
1. Make sure the hashtag is not taken days before. You want to customize the hashtag to make sure you are only seeing your photos. Also, doing this a few days before the ceremony allows you to have time to think of a creative tag.
2. Keep your wedding planner in the loop when choosing a hashtag. They can keep checking it to make sure no one else claimed it.
3. Use the hashtag to post wedding information. The hashtag does not have to be exclusively used during the ceremony and reception. For those wedding guests with social media, it can be an easy way to stay in contact as well as make a wedding countdown.
4. Keep the hashtag simple. Try to avoid using too many letters and numbers. This ensures that all photos will be tagged the same.
5. Do remember that social media has its place at the wedding. Encourage your guests to use the hashtag but make sure that the guests are not glued to their phones all night.